Goodbye 2011 and HELLO 2012! :)
This holiday season was the best one of my life, and I just really couldn’t let myself miss a moment of it. That’s why I’ve been M.I.A. for the past couple weeks. I’ve been able to spend much more time with family than ever before, and has been absolutely wonderful. I had the best New Year’s Eve of my life. In the past, I had very much perceived it as “New TEARS Eve”, but this was the year that changed that negative perspective once and for all. I won’t go into much detail, but I will say this: I believe that every ordeal is greatly influenced by the way it begins. 2012 was born upon a foundation of love and understanding and I am very glad for that :)
You may be curious what my New Year’s resolutions are. You may also be surprised that this is actually the first year I have ever made such resolutions! :) This makes it a very powerful and exciting experience for me. I am going to go ahead and fill you in on my resolutions right here :)
- Use YouTube for good! I want to make proper use of my YouTube channel. I have a lot to say and I want to help people. There are many things I can do… I could give advice, I could shed light on what other people are going through, I can make people laugh… All it takes it my effort and the support of others. If you’d like some advice or feel that it could be helpful to someone you know, I will set up some kind of inbox or email for just that purpose. More info will be given in a future post :)
- Read more books! Considering that the world may end in 2012, I plan to take as much knowledge with me into the afterlife as possible. Books are one source of knowledge that I want to utilize more effectively. Books have been around for centuries, and even before that, stories and instructions were carved out on stone tablets and cave walls, so they must have some clout to them. There is much power in the written word, and I must do more to experience that power. My first book to start this resolution will be The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemmingway. I’ve never read any of his work or ANY of the classic novels that they force you to read in most high schools, so those will ALL be added to the 2012 reading list. The second book of the year will be Steve Jobs’ biography.
- Expand my musical tastes and talents. I feel that I must push myself to explore new genres and broaden my perspective on music. Music is something I love and plan to work with for the rest of my life… I feel that a year may be a short amount of time to completely evolve as an artist, so I don’t expect that exactly, but I do imagine it will at least be the start of a much longer journey of musical development and progression. I can see myself getting better as each day passes, but I want to get better at GETTING BETTER. I must push myself to become the greatest musician that I can be during 2012. This is directly related to my next resolution.
- Try out for X-Factor. I was very impressed with the first season of the American X-Factor. It made me believe in music contests again… That there is some room left for originality and creativity in the music industry. While I don’t want to sound like a mainstream artist, I would love to have the influence of a mainstream artist… It would only help me achieve my goals in life. I want to make this world a better place, and I know I can do that someday if I gain the support and attention of more people… I want to lead others and inspire them to be the best that they can be. I may not be the greatest singer, but I hope to grow as a singer and musician this year and compete in that competition. I’m going to do it for much more than the recording contract!
- Grow as a person. I really want to understand myself better and improve in regards to loving those who love me. Sometimes, I can appear distant to those who are closest to me. I hope to rectify that this year, or at least begin to do that. I want to have my priorities in life straightened out this year, I want to move closer to a state of inner peace, and I want to believe in myself more than ever before. I want to be a better person than I’ve ever been and regain lost trust as well as extend my hand in forgiveness to those who are willing to earn it. I want to look back a year from now and say that 2012 was the year my life really changed. Surely though, every revolution, even the ones that occur WITHIN us, are made up of many individual moments, but I want 2012 to be the year that either has the most of those little moments or the most of the big ones that I’ll NEVER forget.
There is one last resolution, but it is simple… I resolve to enjoy every moment more. Every second of each day that I spend with the people I love must be more precious… I must appreciate the simplicities AND the complexities of the world around me. I have to really LIVE. And that ability to live comes directly from my ability to love.
I challenge myself to do my best in all these things. I will not allow myself to settle for less. If you have resolutions, good luck to you in yours :) Also, feel free to comment with your resolutions or any comments, advice, or thoughts you may have about MY resolutions. :)
– Tommy Maverick